MIFARE Ultralight C
MIFARE Ultralight C is the newest member of the MIFARE technology platform, complementing the offering in the low-cost segment.
It is the first smart card IC for limited-use applications that offers solution developers and providers the benefits of an open cryptography. With 3DES, MIFARE Ultralight C uses a widely adopted standard, enabling easy integration in existing infrastructures. The integrated authentication command set provides an effective anti-cloning functionality that helps to prevent counterfeit of tickets.
Tickets, vouchers or tags based on NXP MIFARE Ultralight C ICs can act as single trip tickets in public transportation networks or loyalty cards, day passes at big events or smart poster tags in NFC applications. They are the ideal replacement for conventional ticketing solutions such as paper tickets, magnetic-stripe tickets or coins.
MIFARE Ultralight C operates according to the ISO /IEC 14443 A standard, allowing an operating distance of up to 10cm with true anti-collision support. MIFARE Ultralight C is fully compatible with existing MIFARE infrastructure and can therefore be easily integrated in current contactless solutions. Especially existing solutions utilizing MIFARE Ultralight and MIFARE DESFire EV1 can benefit, as the command set is compatible to MIFARE Ultralight and the authentication commands are the same as the ones used in MIFARE DESFire EV1.
- Limited-use tickets in public transport (e.g.: single trip tickets, multiple trip tickets, tourist weekend passes)
- Event ticketing (stadiums, exhibitions, leisure parks, etc.)
- Loyalty and pre-paid
- NFC Forum Tag Type 2
- Fully ISO / IEC 14443 A 1-3 compliant
- 106 kbit/s communication speed
- Anti-collision support
- 1536 bits (192 bytes) EEPROM memory
- Protected data access via 3DES authentication
- Cloning protection
- Command set compatible to MIFARE Ultralight
- Memory structure as in MIFARE Ultralight (pages)
- 16 bit counter
- Unique 7 bytes serial number
- Number of single write operations: 10.000
Return to MIFARE